By Dermot Healy
Read Online or Download A Fool's Errand PDF
Best british & irish poetry books
Why learn Wordsworth’s poetry—indeed, why learn poetry in any respect? past any excitement it may well provide, can it make one a greater or extra flourishing individual? those questions have been by no means faraway from William Wordsworth’s options. He replied in wealthy and sundry methods, in verse and in prose, in either recognized and extra imprecise writings.
'I move the zoo part simply because i love taking a look at the animals and part simply because i love the folk. .. The excitement of dappled issues, the great thing about variation to objective, the distinction of extravagance, vintage beauty or romantic nonsense and grotesquerie - these kind of we get from the Zoo. ' In 1938 Louis MacNeice released his moment selection of poems with Faber; his 'personal essay' smooth Poetry for OUP; and Zoo, a prose fee from Michael Joseph to jot down an impressionistic 'guide' to the London Zoo in Regents Park.
Jenna Butler attracts on her personal studies of her grandmother's disappearance into senile dementia to reassemble a sensual global in longpoem shape that definitely crackles with imagery and rhythm. Identities and stories move and flicker as she strings jointly fragments of narrative into tales that include one woman's existence.
Delivering provocative readings of Tennyson's Idylls of the King, Barrett Browning's Aurora Leigh, Clough's Amours de Voyage, and Browning's the hoop and the ebook, Clinton Machann brings to undergo the tips and techniques of literary Darwinism to make clear the critical factor of masculinity within the Victorian epic.
- George Eliot and Nineteenth-Century Psychology: Exploring the Unmapped Country (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- The Cambridge Companion to Wordsworth (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- The Stylistic Development of Keats (Routledge Library Editions: Keats)
- The Verse Revolutionaries: Ezra Pound, H.D. and The Imagists
- John Donne: Life, Mind and Art
- The Earthly Paradise by William Morris (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
Additional resources for A Fool's Errand
A Fool's Errand by Dermot Healy